|Full name||Ianis Ilie Stoica|
|Date of birth||(2002-12-08) 8 December 2002 (age 19)|
|Place of birth||Bucharest 22, Romania|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Position(s)||Forward, attacking midfielder|
|2019||→ Dunărea Călărași (loan)||2||(0)|
|2019||→ Petrolul Ploiești (loan)||8||(0)|
|2020||→ Metaloglobus București (loan)||2||(0)|
|2020–2021||→ Slatina (loan)||24||(7)|
| *Club domestic league appearances and goals, correct as of 14 August 2022|
‡ National team caps and goals, correct as of 22 September 2022
Stoica started his career in 2009 in the academy of Petrolul Ploiești, the same year his father Pompiliu signed a professional contract with the club. He left Petrolul in 2016 when it folded, and then had a six-month spell with SC Freiburg in Germany before returning to his country with FCSB, also a former club of his father.
Stoica made his senior debut for FCSB on 25 October 2017, aged 14, in a 6–1 away rout of Sănătatea Cluj in the Cupa României. He became the youngest player to feature in a competitive match for the club, and also scored his first goal in the process. In the winter transfer window of 2019, Stoica agreed to a loan with Dunărea Călărași for the remainder of the season, and on 17 February made his Liga I debut in a goalless draw with Voluntari.
Stoica spent the following campaigns on loan in the second tier with former youth team Petrolul Ploiești, Metaloglobus București and CSM Slatina, respectively. He had his most fruitful stint with the latter, managing to score seven times from 24 games in spite of the club's relegation at the end of the 2020–21 season.
On 1 August 2021, upon his return to FCSB, Stoica came off the bench to equalise late in a 1–1 league draw at UTA Arad. On the 29th that month, he scored the only goal of the Roș-albaștrii in a 1–4 away loss to four-time defending champions CFR Cluj. Following his breakthrough in the senior team, owner George Becali announced that he rejected a €7.5 million bid for Stoica from Premier League club Arsenal, although the veridicity of his claims was questioned.
On 15 December 2021, Stoica came off the bench at half-time, obtained a penalty in extra time and netted a goal for himself for a 3–1 derby defeat of Rapid București. On 30 January 2022, he scored again in a Bucharest derby by coming off the bench in a 3–0 win over Dinamo București.
Stoica is a Romania youth international, and has represented the country at under-16, under-17, under-18, under-19 and under-21 levels. On 15 August 2019, Stoica scored on debut for the under-18s in a 4–1 victory against Albania. He repeated the performance at the under-21 side on 7 September 2021, netting in a 1–1 friendly draw with Georgia.
Style of play
Stoica is a versatile attacker, being able to play on the wing or as a lone striker, but can also be deployed in a less advanced position in the midfield. Michael Yokhin of Goal noted that he "is quick, loves to dribble and improvise, and feels comfortable on both flanks", although "he would arguably be more dangerous on the left" since he is right-footed.
Stoica's father, Pompiliu, was also a professional footballer. A left-back, he too played for FCSB—then named Steaua București—and Petrolul Ploiești.
- As of match played 15 September 2022
|Dunărea Călărași (loan)||2018–19||Liga I||2||0||1||0||—||—||3||0|
|Petrolul Ploiești (loan)||2019–20||Liga II||8||0||0||0||—||—||8||0|
|Metaloglobus (loan)||2019–20||Liga II||2||0||—||—||—||2||0|
|Slatina (loan)||2020–21||Liga II||24||7||0||0||—||—||24||7|
- ^ a b Appearance in UEFA Europa Conference League
- ^ "Un fost junior al defunctei SC FC Petrolul, la egalitate cu… Pele și Maradona! Ianis Stoica este căpitan de echipă națională" [A former junior of the defunct SC FC Petrolul, tied with… Pele and Maradona! Ianis Stoica is a national team captain] (in Romanian). Gazeta de Prahova. 22 November 2018. Retrieved 25 September 2021.
- ^ "VIDEO EXCLUSIV Ianis Stoica a fost aproape să semneze cu o echipă din Bundesliga. Dezvăluirea făcută de tatăl său" [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO Ianis Stoica was close to signing with a Bundesliga team. What his father revealed] (in Romanian). Digi Sport. 26 September 2021. Retrieved 26 September 2021.
- ^ "Dezvăluiri în premieră despre Ianis Stoica. Pompiliu Stoica rupe tăcerea și aduce în prim-plan aspecte inedite despre fiul său" [Revelations for the first time about Ianis Stoica. Pompiliu Stoica breaks the silence and reveals to the public eye new aspects about his son] (in Romanian). Playsport.ro. 20 December 2021. Retrieved 20 December 2021.
- ^ a b "Cel mai tânăr jucător din istoria FCSB a înscris la debut! Ianis Stoica: "O să scriu o carte despre acest meci!"" [The youngest player in the history of FCSB scored on his debut! Ianis Stoica: "I will write a book about this match!"] (in Romanian). Digi Sport. 25 October 2017. Retrieved 3 December 2017.
- ^ "Regula U21 | Ianis Stoica, cel mai tânăr jucător din acest sezon" [Under-21 rule | Ianis Stoica, the youngest player of this season] (in Romanian). Romanian Football Federation. 19 February 2019. Retrieved 25 August 2019.
- ^ "Dunărea / Ianis Stoica a debutat în liga I" [Dunărea / Ianis Stoica mad his Liga I debut] (in Romanian). arenamedia.ro. 18 February 2019. Retrieved 24 September 2021.
- ^ "FCSB a împrumutat un jucător Petrolului Ploiești" [FCSB loaned a player to Petrolul Ploiești] (in Romanian). Media Sud. 3 July 2019. Retrieved 25 August 2019.
- ^ "Ianis Stoica a lăsat Petrolul pentru Metaloglobus. "E bine mai târziu decât deloc. Este un mare plus pentru noi"" [Ianis Stoica left Petrolul for Metaloglobus. "It's better late than never. He's a big addition for us."] (in Romanian). ProSport. 17 February 2020. Retrieved 17 February 2020.
- ^ "UTA - FCSB 1-1 | Ianis Stoica îi salvează pe bucureșteni cu un gol în minutul 90" [UTA - FCSB 1–1 | Ianis Stoica saves the Bucharest people with a goal in the 90th minute] (in Romanian). Sport.ro. 1 August 2021. Retrieved 24 September 2021.
- ^ "VIDEO Liga 1: CFR Cluj, victorie en fanfare contra lui FCSB în derbiul din Gruia (4-1)" [VIDEO Liga 1: CFR Cluj, easy victory over FCSB in the derby played on Gruia (4–1)] (in Romanian). HotNews.ro. 29 August 2021. Retrieved 24 September 2021.
- ^ a b Yokhin, Michael (14 December 2021). "Ianis Stoica: Is Arsenal-linked wonderkid truly 'the Romanian Mbappe'". Goal. Retrieved 15 December 2021.
- ^ "Așa s-a decis derby-ul FCSB - Rapid: penalty acordat și în prelungirile reprizei secunde! Florin Tănase și Ianis Stoica, decisivi" [This is how the FCSB - Rapid derby was decided: penalty awarded in the second half also! Florin Tănase and Ianis Stoica, decisive] (in Romanian). Digi Sport. 15 December 2021. Retrieved 15 December 2021.
- ^ "Ianis Stoica a prins curaj după golul marcat în meciul Dinamo – FCSB 0-3. "Ne dorim să câștigăm titlul!" Ce promisiune i-a făcut lui Meme" [Ianis Stoica gained courage after the goal scored in the match Dinamo – FCSB 0–3. "We want to win the title!" What promise he has made to Meme] (in Romanian). ProSport. 30 January 2022. Retrieved 31 January 2022.
- ^ "Naționala U16 a României a învins Italia. Cel mai tânăr debutant din istoria FCSB a marcat un super gol" [Romania's under-16 national team defeated Italy. The youngest debutant in the history of FCSB scored a wondergoal] (in Romanian). Digi Sport. 13 March 2018. Retrieved 25 August 2019.
- ^ "Licăre o stea la FCSB! La doar 19 ani, are cifre și performanțe personale peste ale atacanților importanți din istoria echipei!" [A star is shining at FCSB! Aged only 19, he has better numbers and personal performances than notable forwards in the history of the team!]. Gazeta Sporturilor (in Romanian). 24 September 2021. Retrieved 24 September 2021.
- ^ "România U18 s-a impus clar în amicalul cu Albania" [Romania U18 won the friendly with Albania by a large margin] (in Romanian). Romanian Football Federation. 15 August 2019. Retrieved 25 August 2019.
- ^ "GALERIE FOTO România U21 - Georgia U21 1-1. Remiză la debutul lui Florin Bratu. Ianis Stoica, gol din pasa lui Sefer" [PHOTO GALLERY Romania U21 - Georgia U21 1–1. Draw on the debut of Florin Bratu. Ianis Stoica, goal from Sefer's pass] (in Romanian). Digi Sport. 7 September 2021. Retrieved 24 September 2021.
- ^ Ianis Stoica at Soccerway. Retrieved 28 June 2019.
- Ianis Stoica at RomanianSoccer.ro (in Romanian) and StatisticsFootball.com
- FCSB official profile (in Romanian)
- 1 Ducan
- 2 Crețu
- 3 Panțîru
- 5 Dawa
- 6 Haruț
- 7 Coman (c)
- 8 Șut
- 9 Stoica
- 10 Oct. Popescu
- 11 Miculescu
- 13 Dumiter
- 14 Tănasă
- 16 Tamm
- 17 Cristea
- 18 Edjouma
- 19 Omrani
- 20 Dulca
- 21 Achim
- 22 Boboc
- 23 Ov. Popescu
- 24 Nikolov
- 26 Oaidă
- 27 Olaru
- 28 Pantea
- 29 Bouhenna
- 30 Musi
- 32 Târnovanu
- 33 Radunović
- 77 Șerban
- 80 Rădăslăvescu
- 90 Rusu
- 96 Compagno
- 98 Cordea
- 99 Vlad
- Head coach: Dică