|Member of the Wallis and Futuna Territorial Assembly|
for Mua District 05
|Assumed office |
26 March 2017
|Member of the French National Assembly|
for Wallis and Futuna's constituency
|Assumed office |
18 June 2022
|Preceded by||Sylvain Brial|
|Born||27 December 1971|
Mikaele Seo (born 27 December 1971) is a Wallisian politician and member of the Territorial Assembly of Wallis and Futuna. Since 2022 he has represented Wallis and Futuna in the French National Assembly.
Before entering politics Seo worked as a cleaner in a college in Wallis.
Seo was elected to the Territorial Assembly in the 2017 Wallis and Futuna Territorial Assembly election, representing the Mua District. He was appointed chair of the Assembly's standing committee. He was re-elected in the 2022 elections.
Seo served as the alternate for Sylvain Brial and took over his seat in the National Assembly after his stroke. He stood for Brial's seat in the National Assembly in the 2022 French legislative election, and was elected in the second round with 50.11% of the vote. He intends to sit with the president's party, Renaissance, in the Assembly.
- "M. Mikaele Seo" (in French). Assemblée nationale. Retrieved 24 June 2022.
- "Législatives 2022 : Présentation des parcours des 17 nouveaux députés d'Outre-mer entrant à l'Assemblée nationale" (in French). Outremers360. 20 June 2022. Retrieved 24 June 2022.
- "Les commissions" (in French). Assemblée Territoriale Wallis & Futuna. Retrieved 24 June 2022.
- "Pro-independence candidates in Tahiti win seats in French National Assembly". RNZ. 20 June 2022. Retrieved 24 June 2022.
- "Législatives : les candidats de la majorité présidentielle en tête en Nouvelle-Calédonie et à Wallis-et-Futuna" (in French). Challenges. 12 June 2022. Retrieved 24 June 2022.
- "Wallis et Futuna (986) - 1ère circonscription" (in French). Ministry of the Interior. 19 June 2022. Retrieved 24 June 2022.
- "Législatives 2022 : À Wallis et Futuna, Mikaele Seo, soutenu par la majorité présidentielle, élu député" (in French). Outremers 360. 19 June 2022. Retrieved 24 June 2022.
- "Le nouveau député de Wallis et Futuna Mikaele Seo sera présent à la rentrée parlementaire au Palais-Bourbon" (in French). France Info. 23 June 2022. Retrieved 24 June 2022.